Tonga's Aviation struggles to abide by International Standards
- the appointment of a Regulator to assist the Director general of Civil Aviation DGCA.
- the DGCA to meet the General Manager of the Pacific Aviation Safety Office (PASO) and enter into an agreement for the provision of certification and safety oversight for Tonga’s obligations under the Chicago Convention.
- the agreement between Tonga and PASO to be supported with a credible certification system like the NZCAA.
- the revoking of the current Air Operator Certificate of the Real Tonga, and to reapply for an Air Operator Certificate and certification in accordance with the Standards of the NZCAR’s (The New Zealand aviation certification standard). A New Zealand operator to be brought in to provide the domestic service during this transition period.
- for the ICAO to be informed of new arrangements with PASO and government measures to ensure a Serious Safety Concern SSC is not issued on Tonga.
Check out the source to see a picture of the Y12